Lately, I have not been keeping track of Zend Framework due to my busy schedule. But today, I was surfing their site and found out that the guys from Zend has released a new version of the Zend Framework. The release has 93 fixes for issues from the previous version and some key improvements include the following:
- New database adapter for PDO_IBM
- Custom database profiler support
- New Google Base support with Zend_Gdata_Gbase
- Added CAPTCHA support to Zend Gdata
- Improved PDF component documentation
- Enhanced search performance
- More flexible language translation facilities
- Additional UTF-8 support for validation
- Documentation of the Zend Framework system requirements
I have been waiting for the PDO_IBM database adapter. I had a project that needed to connect to JD Edwards – back then I had to “manually” connect to it :(. Search my blog for JDE or JD Edwards, I remember posting about it a few months back.
Alrighty then, here is the release announcement and the download page.