I got an email from Packt Publishing to review a book that they will be releasing very soon (March 2010?). The book is about OpenX.
In all honesty, I have not even tried to use OpenX Ad Server yet. Still, I am interested in this book because I also serve ads on this blog; too bad though that the ads on the sides are not enough to pay for the hosting
I will have another update for this book once I have read it. I got a free ebook so I will have something to read on my 14-hour flight back home.
Here is the book in detail:
- Learn the essentials of online advertising from the advertiser and publisher points of view
- Install and utilize OpenX Ad Server effectively to make your business run faster
- Get to know the usage of all the campaign and banner types
- Manage ad campaigns and banners on multiple web sites from a centralized platform
- Display ads according to their importance and alter the under-performing ads easily and swiftly
- Learn the most effective way to work with web site ad zones
- Maximize your profits by selling your ad space on your blogs and web sites effectively
- Take full advantage of GeoTargeting for generating maximum revenue by showing ads according to visitor origin
- Utilize the channels to show relevant ads based on the content of web sites
- Integrate Google AdSense and Amazon ads with your web sites using OpenX
- Convert OpenX Ad Server into a multi-user ad management platform for advertisers, publishers, and ad agencies
- Track the success of any ad campaign, banner or web site zone using detailed statistics, and reports