Update: You can download my latest Resume in PDF format here.
Hello, my name is Wenbert Del Rosario. I can solve real-world problems and I can design, build and maintain web applications and systems using Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP and jQuery. I am very passionate about my work and I love every minute of it. I am a resourceful self-learner, artistic, creative and love to think out-of-the-box.
I am 25 years old, single and I live in Cebu, Philippines. See my qualifications and history below. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me at wenbert[AT]ekini.net
Summary of Qualifications
- At least 4 years experience in developing web applications using PHP and MySQL. The last two years are focused on developing web applications used by a Fortune 500 company with users from different geographies.
- Zend Framework, Code Igniter, jQuery, BlueprintCSS, Subversion, Git
- Django Web Framework
- Adobe Photoshop, Inkscape, etc. (Creative, artistic and out-of-the-box thinker.)
Lexmark Research and Development Corp.
Cebu City, PH
Sep 2006 – Present
Web applications are used by office employees located in different geographies around the world.
- The web applications resulted in increased efficiency, accuracy (reports, etc.), a more streamlined workflow and lower costs.
- The different teams and departments got more work done with the lowest possible cost and shorter time.
- Interacted with higher management and with different people to gather the requirements for different projects.
- Understands the importance of a good database schema. Familiar with complex MySQL queries and I am able to generate relevant reports. (MySQL)
- Collection Management System: A system that interfaced with JD Edwards through a CSV file. Used for Accounts Receivables so data integrity is very important. (PHP, MySQL, Code Igniter, jQuery, JD Edwards)
- Short-shipped Mis-shipped Database: A system that connects to JD Edwards through unixODBC. (Zend Framework, unixODBC, PHP, jQuery, MySQL)
- Apache running on Linux, PHP, Zend Framework, Code Igniter, MVC Frameworks, jQuery, MySQL, Database Design and some parts of the Software Development and Life Cycle process. (Linux, Apache, PHP, Zend Framework, Code Igniter, MVC Frameworks, jQuery, MySQL, Database Design)
Education Made Simpler Systems Inc.
Cebu City, PH
Apr 2005 – Sep 2006
Worked on eLearning solutions for schools. Used open-source PHP applications like Atutor, Xoops, SugarCRM and others. Lead a team of 3 web developers.
University of Cebu
Cebu City, PH
Mar 2001 – Mar 2005
Bachelors Degree in Information Technology, Cum Laude
Manager’s Appreciation Award for Short-ship Miss-shipped Database (Lexmark Research and Development)
Manager’s Appreciation Award for Collection Management System (Lexmark Research and Development)
- mylyricsfinder.com(2007 – 2007): A lyrics website using Zend Framework. The site can generate an XML sitemap for Google. (PHP, MySQL, Zend Framework, XML, Google Sitemaps)
- OMS Asia(2004 – 2009): Developed and designed web applications for OMS Asia. URLs will ONLY be given upon request. Websites vary and used Joomla, other CMSes and customized CMSes built from scratch using Code Igniter. (PHP, Photoshop, Zend Framework, Code Igniter, jQuery, Mambo, Joomla, WordPress)
- I was a technical reviewer for Zend Framework 1.8 Web Application Development (ISBN 1847194222), written by Keith Pope. The book was published on September 2009.
Pingback: eKini: Web Developer Blog » My email addresses and social networking accounts have been compromised. And Yahoo has a big security hole.