This news has circulating around the PHP Community for a few days already – posting it here for record purposes.
As a php web developer, you should know that php is probably the language that has the biggest code repository. So no matter what module you want to include in your project there should be an open source solution.
This can help in various ways, but just in case you can’t think of one, here I put a few :
- Open source is worked by many people, so the result is for sure better than one man’s work
- You can have free updates to your code, while otherwise you should code the updates each time something new comes up
- You save development time while your project is getting better
Anyway, after many years as a web developer, I’ve compiled a list of php classes that can be easily integrated in any project and I am regularly use.
- For sending emails – phpMailer
- User manipulation
- Fetching RSS Feeds – magpie rss
- Geotargeting – maxmind
- Data mining – htmlSQL (i can’t wait to use this!!! )
- Templating System
- WYSIWYG Editor – my favorite! – tinyMCE
Click here for the entire article.